Watching your new home take shape right before your eyes is an exciting process for homeowners. The amount of planning and preparation that goes into a new build is immense, but the rewards make it well worth it.
If you’re considering building a new home from the ground up or creating a custom luxury home to suit your family’s lifestyle and interests, there are some important things to keep in mind so you know what to expect each step of the way.
What to Expect When Building a New Home in South Florida
One of the first things you should do before getting underway with a residential project is have your general contractor conduct a buildability report . A buildability report is essential to ensuring that the construction site is feasible and that you won’t encounter any major issues with construction.
Once the build is underway, here are some high-level steps you can expect the construction to follow:
- Prepare the site, assess if piling is needed, and pour the foundation – Step one is ensuring that the required permits are pulled and that the site is prepared for the foundation work. For all projects, but especially those close to water, an essential step is to assess if piling is needed to support the building structure. Additional site preparation steps include clearing and grading the land, pouring the footings and foundation, and allowing time for the concrete to cure.
- Build out the “shell” of the building – Complete the exterior structure that forms the volume of the home.
- Construct framing – Once the exterior shell is complete, continue building out the remaining interior skeleton of the house.
- Complete rough plumbing, electrical, and HVAC systems – Install essential housing systems before the walls are closed.
- Install insulation and complete drywall and interior fixtures.
- Begin exterior finishes.
- Finalize interior trim and finishes including windows, doors, moldings, etc.
- Install flooring, countertops, and final interior fixtures and touches.
- Complete exterior grading, walkways, driveway and landscaping.
- Complete final walk-through and inspections.
Throughout the build process, there will be several inspections along the way, and your project manager will stay in close contact with you to ensure that you are always up-to-date on where things stand with the project timeline and budget.
If you have questions about building a new luxury home in South Florida, get in touch with our team of experts at Seacoast Construction. We’ve spent the past 20+ years constructing new homes and commercial properties in the area and have the experience and relationships to make your dream home a reality. Contact us today to schedule a free consultation.
- test :