Building a new home is an exciting process, but it’s not without its stressful moments. Big decisions paired with a big investment can sometimes overwhelm homeowners, but the good news is that when you surround yourself with an experienced team of professionals, you can rest assured that you will be guided through the entire process step by step.
Here are some of the major milestones you can expect to go through on your road to a new home:
- Site selection, design and pre-construction – Once you’ve decided to build a new home, the planning and design phase kicks off. If you don’t already have a lot, it’s time to select the site for your future home and conduct a buildability report to ensure your residential project will be able to actually be built on whatever land you’ve chosen. From there, you will be able to move forward with your design plans, permitting applications, and other pre-construction documents and processes.
- Site prep – Once it’s go-time, the first step in construction is to clear the lot of debris, large rocks and any other trees or landscaping in the way of the build. Excavation can then begin, footings can be put in place and foundation work can begin. Throughout the build, the construction site will need to be inspected to ensure the build is complying with approved construction documents and is remaining up to code.
- Build out the “shell” of the building – Once the concrete has cured, you can begin completing the exterior structure that forms the volume of the home.
- Framing construction – Once the exterior shell is complete, your team will continue building out the remaining interior skeleton of the house.
- Complete rough plumbing, electrical, and HVAC systems – Essential housing systems will be installed before the walls are closed.
- Install insulation and complete drywall and interior fixtures.
- Begin exterior finishes.
- Finalize interior trim and finishes including windows, doors, moldings, etc.
- Install flooring, countertops, and final interior fixtures and touches.
- Complete exterior grading, walkways, driveway and landscaping.
- Complete final walk-through and inspections.
Building a new construction home in South Florida will require some patience as you and your general contractor work through numerous steps in the construction process, but the result will be a new home designed perfectly to your lifestyle and taste – and one you will enjoy for years to come. To schedule a consultation with a member of the Seacoast Construction team, please get in touch today.
- test :