Multi-family properties in South Florida are held to important building standards which are designed to keep residents safe.
One such standard in Miami-Dade and Broward Counties is to require 40-year building recertifications to ensure the ongoing safety of commercial properties, including larger condo and apartment buildings.
But you don’t have to – nor should you! – wait until your property nears 40 years of age to begin thinking about its structural integrity and safety. Ongoing inspections should be a routine part of your property maintenance plans.
If, during the course of your annual building inspection, you notice anything out of the ordinary, feel free to call us right away at Seacoast Construction to schedule a field assessment. Tackling problems before they escalate is what we take pride in at Seacoast Construction as it is generally cheaper and always safer when addressed sooner rather than later.
Here are some examples of structural issues that should absolutely be a red flag:
- Apparent dilapidation of steel or cracked concrete
- Delamination – where materials fracture or separate into layers
- Concrete spalling, which is the breakdown of concrete due to weathering or chemical reactions
- Rust marks that penetrate the concrete
- Corrosiveness signs, which are especially common in buildings close to the ocean. Examples include things like when steel starts to oxidize, connecting bolts begin to rust, or wells start to come apart.
These and any other interior or exterior concerns need to be addressed immediately. Please don’t hesitate to call us at 786-433-8740 to ask your questions, even if you are unsure how severe the issue is. It’s always better to be safe than sorry when it comes to a building’s structural integrity. Our team at Seacoast Construction is ready to help.
- test :